About The Club
Welcome to Self Defence Central Dojo (SDCD), where we teach a self defence system that is adaptable for children and adults, based on traditional Japanese martial arts of Jujutsu.
You will learn the practicality of self defence that it is suitable for people of all fitness levels and sizes including women and children.
Our martial art system is centred around the principles of:
- Self Esteem
- Situational Awareness
Employing leverage over strength which is key to its practicality and effectiveness even when used by smaller individuals and to improve the understanding of stances, balance, powerful striking and unification of breath, body weight and hip power.
Our classes are taught from a boutique location in Osborne Park, WA in small groups tailored to skill level.
Remaining competitive in this commercial world is a necessity however we believe it is more important to continue with our core club values which include
- High quality instruction (typically 20-30+ years experienced Instructors)
- Experience based Trainer and Instructor gradings to ensure the quality of self defence and class instruction is not compromised as the club grows
- Student driven progress provide students with the ability to book into own group sessions for the week based on experience level. Provide optional grading system components including jujutsu, karate, weapons, and teaching elements so students can focus on their interest and specialisation areas.
- Low student to Instructor ratio group personal training sessions structured around the optimum group size of 6 -12 students at the same level of instruction
- Passing on a world recognised standard and complete system in Japanese jujutsu and self defence to the next generation of students while introducing standardisation across Europe with affiliated clubs
- Applying best practice self defence principles and skills to traditional karate kata and fundamentals
- Teaching character development with effective self defence skills
What We Teach
The jujutsu student will learn from the following groups;
- Break falls
- Disengaging mechanics
- Counter strikes
- Striking mechanics
- Body movements
- Unbalancing principles
- Hand grips & clothes holds
- Ground attacks
- Weapon defenses
- Body holds
- Holds & locks
- Wall attacks
- Pressure points
- Using weapons
- Strategies for dealing with multiple attackers
A FREE TRIAL is available for anyone that is interested. Simply come along to any of our sessions and speak to one of the friendly staff prior to the class commencing.